Who is 3V Green Eagle?

3V Green Eagle was established in 2000 by the multinational 3V Group, a corporation that has almost sixty years of experience in sophisticated chemical production, advanced chemical engineering and the manufacturing of process systems and equipment. These foundations have given 3V Green Eagle an insightful understanding of the environmental issues faced in the chemical engineering industry. For this reason, we are a unique company in the environmental sector with the ability to offer single-sourced and full service solutions.

In order to optimize the development of our technologies, our researchers, chemical production managers, process engineers, mechanical engineers and constructors are continuously in collaboration. In this way, we have been able to create a solid and multidisciplinary technical culture which offers a wide range of environmental solutions to the manufacturing, municipal, oil and gas and remediation industries.

These solutions include:

  • Wastewater treatment
  • Sludge and Sewage treatment
  • Oil and Solvent recovery
  • Liquid off-spec product treatment
  • Soil and Sediment treatment
  • Tar and Pitch treatment
  • Drilling Mud treatment

Additionally, we operate the largest industrial wastewater and sludge treatment center in Italy. Our in-house treatment technologies have been fully integrated in the center which has allowed us to become specialized in designing, building and operating environmental plants (DBO model). Hence, we offer full plant management and technical advisory which include feasibility studies, laboratory analyses, pilot plant testing and process efficiency consultancy. We also supply chemicals for water and wastewater treatment.

TOP® Wet Oxidation Technology

Zero discharge technologies

3V Green Eagle has developed its own zero discharge technologies: TOP® & DUAL TOP® - WET OXIDATION, currently recognized as a Best Available Techniques (B.A.T.) for industrial wastewater and sludge treatment by the European Union IPPC Commission.

TOP® Wet Oxidation treatment has the following specifics:

  • Oxidating wastewater by a combined action of high temperature (300° C), operating pressure (150 BAR) and pure oxygen injection.
  • Transforming 100% non-biodegradable waste into highly biodegradable waste
  • Reducing C.O.D. content by 70%, remaining 30% is highly biodegradable
  • Destroying contaminants
  • Total detoxification

The great advantage of TOP® Wet Oxidation treatment compared to commonly used treatments for industrial wastewater & sludge is that it is a Zero Discharge process with no air emissions, odors and solid or liquid waste.

Treatment Center

Treating up to 5.000.000 tons of wastewater & sludge per year

3V Green Eagle operates the largest industrial wastewater & sludge treatment center in Italy, treating up to 400.000 tons of highly contaminated wastewater and sludge from third parties per year. The heart of the center is Wet Oxidation treatment.

In addition to the above, the center also receives approximately 4.500.000 tons of wastewater per year from the nearby 3V Chemical production plant. This makes the overall treatment capacity of the center approximately 5.000.000 tons/year.

The center is located in northern Italy, in Grassobbio (BG). We offer wastewater treatment to all clients that are interested in an effective treatment process, especially those with types of waste with high COD values, that in most cases have limited biodegradability.

Types of waste we can treat:
Our treatment center is authorized for more than 250 CER codes, which are related to different liquid waste types, primarily wastewater and sludge. Wastewater streams from more than 200 clients are conveyed by means of tank trucks (about 10-12.000 per year) to storage tanks.

The center treats an average of 6.000-8.000 tons of COD per year.

We serve the following sectors:
Adhesives, Antibiotics and bactericidal, Composting, Constructions, Cosmetics, Detergents, Dyes, Fine Chemicals, Food, Health Sector (Hospitals), Leather Tanning, Metals, Oil, Oil mills, Paints, Paper, Pesticides, Pharmaceuticals, Photographic Industry, Plastics, Resins, Textile, Wood.

3V Green Eagle is recognized as a provider of Best Available Techniques for wastewater & sludge treatment by the European Union IPPC Commission.

On site Remediation

6V is a collaboration between Trevi and 3V Green Eagle. It's mission is to optimize the performance of land reclamation and environmental restoration works.

More about 6V
In situ
  • Cut off Walls
  • Physical Containment
  • Permeable Reactive Barriers
  • Solidification & Stabilization
  • Solidification & Stabilization
More about Trevi
Ex situ
  • Cut off Walls
  • Physical Containment
  • Permeable Reactive Barriers
  • Solidification & Stabilization
  • Solidification & Stabilization
More about 3V Green Eagle